Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Blog Along #5

Are WIP's like Gremlins? Every morning I wake, my WIP's have multiplied. On the needles I have: A sweater jacket, secret project #1, secret project #2, Husband's hat #2 (finally), hexipuffs (of course), and a motif blanket. My God, there are more there than I thought!

Plus, I'm "helping" Son make his derby car for cub scouts.



I carved it out with a small bow saw yesterday, was down to my last pass with the saw, after two hours of work, and sliced across the top of my left thumb. Much cursing ensued. And bleeding. Then more cursing when I poured alcohol on it. Luckily, I didn't cut my thumb off, it's just a surface wound.

Husband's hat #2 is in its infant stage.



The motif blanket was cast on, when my new craft book arrived. 150 Knit & Crochet Motifs by Heather Lodinsky



Any one else have cast-on-itis? With all this madness, I haven't really made any progress on the reading front. Just a quick word, sentence, or paragraph here and there.

Hop over to Tami's Amis and Small Things to view more fabulous work.

14 comments:

  1. Wow - that IS a lot of WIPs! I have just "hibernated" a load of projects that I'm not actually working on but that were making me feel I should be!

    Hope you get lots of 'finishing' time soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would cross my fingers in hopes that I would them all accomplished quickly. But, then I couldn't work on them. LOL! I've actually done that before, hibernating projects. Then later I came back and ask myself if this really needs to be made. If "yes" it goes in the to be completed pile. If "no" it gets frogged so that the yarn can be used for other stuff.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Gives me the shivers just to think of it!

    Love the cyclone motif! I'd have startitis too if I had a new book of motifs. They're all probably begging to be tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I opened the book, I sat there going eeny, meeny, miney, mo. I think I may have a problem. lol

      Delete
  3. ooh, me! I think I have, um, six? WIPs right now. But I am not, not, NOT letting myself start hexipuffing till I finish my current afghan. Buying the Beekeeper's Quilt pattern is my incentive to finish the Chain Reaction Afghan. But that didn't stop me from casting on a cowl this week . . . sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good incentive. I use the hexipuffs as my traveling WIP. Really only time I work on them.

      Delete
  4. I always have loads of sewing WIPs but so far so good with the knitting. I've managed to keep it to just one or two projects going at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, sewing I try to keep down to a minimum (:

      Delete
  5. I've definitely been starting a lot more projects at once that is usual for me. I love the motif.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen the craziness that is derby car construction and am beyond scared when it is my turn to assist on that project! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read through the official paper work on it I felt way in over my head. After seeing some of the cars completed at a meet and being able to see first hand how they were created calmed me enough that I felt that I could do this. I wish the best of luck!

      Delete
  7. Thanks, Kathleen. The book is awesome with the endless possibilities.

    ReplyDelete